|WI Bike Routes|
Here are links to occasional papers. You will need Acrobat Reader to view them.
|Third Education Group|
|About This Site|
● Equitable Measurement of School Effectiveness. This paper proposes a model to judge the effectiveness of a school while taking into account the school's socioeconomic status. This paper was published in the March 2004 Urban Education.
● Evaluating Three Programs Using a School Effectiveness Model: Direct Instruction, Target Teach, and Class Size Reduction. This paper uses the model described above to look at three programs. Did the average ratings of the schools implementing these programs change? This paper was published in the Third Education Group Review.
● What Do Students Learn in High School? Using Student Gain Scores to Evaluate Student Progress. This is a draft of a paper to analyze the gains average students make each year. Particular attention is paid to a slump in achievement in ninth grade.
● High Stakes Testing and Student Learning. This paper uses the changes in scores on such tests as the NAEP, ACT, SAT, and AP to compare states with high stakes testing with other states. It has been submitted for publication and has appeared at EducationNews.org.
● A Value-Added Perspective on the College Ratings. This paper examines the college rating approach taken by US News through the lens of value-added analysis. It was presented at the 2004 annual meeting of the American Association for Engineering Education.
● Student Supply Chain Analysis. This paper describes student projects in analyzing and proposing improvements in actual supply chains. Accepted for presentation at the 2005 annual meeting of the American Association for Engineering Education.
● The MS in Engineering Management at Milwaukee School of Engineering: An Update. This paper describes the challenges for MSOE's Master of Science in Engineering Management, particularly dealing with the past ten years since a previous report. Accepted for presentation at the 2005 annual meeting of the American Association for Engineering Education.
● With A. Stanley Thompson, "A Model of Reactor Kinetics," Nuclear Science and Engineering, September 1988.